5. Q: Why do so many people say the original concept was better than the current concept?
6. Q: Can't we revert back to the original concept?
7. Q: Do the people of West Melbourne support the project?
8. Q: What aspects of the project do citizens comment about the most?
9. Q: I like videos. Can I see a video about all this, with clips of citizen's comments?
10. Q: I like details. Can I read the official summaries of all of those citizen comments?
11. Q: OK, OK, that's way too much detail; how about a top-level summary?
12. Q: How else have the people expressed their opposition to this project?
13. Q: Why so much concern about the safety of school children?
14. Q: Why all the hullabaloo about cut-through traffic from Minton Road?
15. Q: What will be the impact on Henry, Sylvia, Edward, Parker, Trend, or Clifton?
16. Q: What will be the impact on the existing Doherty Drive neighborhood?
17. Q: Can I see an example of traffic on Henry that blocks the side streets?
18. Q: Has the city done anything about the problem of side road blockage on Henry Avenue?
19. Q: Is the city going to put up signs saying the blockage problem is going to get worse?
20. Q: Why all the concern about the new road causing flooding?
21. Q: Has the city improved the drainage plan for the new road?
22. Q: Wouldn't it be good to have another exit from the Heritage Oaks area?
23. Q: But isn't there a lot of public support for the second exit?
24. Q: Yeah, greenery is nice; but what difference does it make if we cut down some trees?
25. Q: But aren't state and federal governments responsible for the environment? Why pick on the city?
26. Q: Will the city provide fences to replace existing natural barriers (woods) if the road is built?
27. Q: Why do people think the natural barriers (woods) provide better security than a fence?
28. Q: I want to read reports and data. Where can I find actual traffic info relevant to this issue?
29. Q: I didn't think there were any pedestrian accidents on Minton Road; why should we expect cut-through from Minton to lead to accidents?
30. Q: But the city funded a traffic study about this; didn't it resolve concerns about cut-through traffic?
31. Q: How credible is the city traffic study?
32. Q: If the road is built, what will traffic be like in five years?
33. Q: How will the new road cause more traffic on Henry? Is it really new traffic, or is it traffic that is just arriving at Henry via a different route?
34. Q: Who are the people who will make the final decision?
35. Q: How can I voice my objection to this project?
36. Q: When and where does the city council meet?
37. Q: What effect will the COVID-19 pandemic/recession have on funding?
38. Q: How much will this project cost?
BACK TO MAIN PAGE